3 Simple Ways to get Permanent Residency in Canada
February 11, 2021
Navigating the Canadian immigration system, on your own, is a complicated and tiresome process, especially with all the paperwork that needs to be completed and submitted and not to mention the strict deadlines that need to be adhered to. But it doesn’t have to be. We’ve selected the 3 easiest immigration programs that will get you permanent residency in Canada and set you on your journey to starting a new life in one of the most diverse and multicultural countries in the world.
Our top 3 ways to get permanent residency in Canada include:
1. The Express Entry System
2. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
3. Family Sponsorship
1. The Express Entry System
The Express Entry System was introduced to the Canadian immigration system in 2015 to fasttrack and simplify the Canadian immigration process for skilled foreign applicants who want to live and work in Canada. The fantastic part of the Express Entry system is that you don’t need to have a job offer to apply, not to mention that it reduces the processing time to approximately 4-6 months, making it one of the easiest and quickest ways to immigrate to Canada. Candidates can apply under one of 3 Federal Immigration Programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP);
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP); and
- International Experience Canada (IEC)
All eligible visa applicants are scored according to factors such as their age, work experience, and educational qualifications according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). They are then entered into a draw pool, from which the highest-scoring applicants are chosen by the Canadian government to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
2. The Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is aimed at helping experienced workers to move to a particular province in order to fill the current gap in the Canadian labour market. Certain provinces and territories have specific occupations that are in high demand, which means that if your job title is listed on a particular province’s In-demand Occupation list, your application will be prioritized above those of other applicants and will be more likely to receive a provincial nomination. Receiving a nomination practically guarantees permanent residency in Canada, as candidates are awarded 600 extra points to add to their CRS scores.
But that’s not the best part. Certain PNPs have Express Entry streams, which means that if you have an Express Entry profile and have expressed interest in that province, they are able to select your profile from the draw pool. Not only will your application be fast-tracked but you will receive extra points, making certain PNPs extremely easy to receive PR through.
Below are the PNPs that have Express Entry streams or categories.
- 1. The British Columbia PNP Express Entry Stream;
- 2. The New Brunswick PNP Express Entry Labour Market System;
- 3. The Saskatchewan PNP International Skilled Worker Category Express Entry System;
- 4. Nova Scotia PNP Demand Express Entry Stream; and Nova Scotia PNP Experience Express Entry Stream;
- 5. Northwest Territories PNP Express Entry for Skilled Workers stream
- 6. Newfoundland and Labrador PNP Express Entry for Skilled Workers stream
- 7. Ontario INP Human Capital Category: Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream; and Ontario INP Human Capital Category: Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream; and Ontario INP Human Capital Category: Express Entry Skilled Trades stream;
- 8. Prince Edward Island PNP Express Entry stream;
- 9. Yukon PNP Express Entry stream.
3. Family Sponsorship
The Family Sponsorship Visa program allows permanent Canadian residents and citizens, over the age of 18 years of age, to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner, a relative or dependant to live and work in Canada. There are 4 ways to apply for permanent residency in Canada under this visa:
- Spousal and Family Sponsorship Visa;
- Spousal and Common-law Sponsorship Program;
- Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program; and
- Super Visa
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program assists the Canadian immigration process by connecting foreign nationals wanting to move to Atlantic Canada by working for a government-designated employer. There are 3 programs to apply through, each with its own set of requirements:
- Atlantic International Graduate Program;
- Atlantic High-skilled Program; and
- Atlantic Intermediate-skilled Program
How We Can Help You Immigrate to Canada
By using a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), the immigration application process will be simple and effortless. Not only will your chances of success be optimized but you can rest assured that we will assess which Canadian immigration programs you are eligible for, as well as verify and submit all documents for you. Simply complete our online form for your evaluation and start your journey to permanent residency in Canada today.