The Canadian government seeks to reunite close and extended family members with their loved ones in Canada and is possible through a variety of Family Sponsorship Visa options. With such thoughtful reunion policies, Canada is the best destination of choice for families to reunite in a peaceful and thriving country, where they will be able to enjoy numerous benefits such as free healthcare and top quality education options.

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and are 18 years or older, you can sponsor certain family members to become Canadian permanent residents. Once they become permanent residents, they will be able to live, study, and work in Canada.

Some of the Family Sponsorship Visas include:

  • Spousal Visas
  • Parental and Grandparental Visa
  • Common-Law Partner Visa
  • Super Visa

Basic requirements

  • The sponsor must be 18 years of age or older
  • The sponsor and sponsored family member must sign a sponsorship agreement that demonstrates the sponsor’s commitment to providing financial support to their relative once they arrive in Canada. The agreement also states that once granted permanent residency, the sponsored family member will make every effort to support themselves financially.
  • The sponsor must provide financial support to a spouse, or common-law partner for a duration of three years after being granted permanent residency.
  • The sponsor will also be required to make a commitment to provide financial support to their dependent child for ten years or until they turn 25, whichever comes first.

Sponsors living outside Canada

Canadian citizens living outside Canada may also have an opportunity to sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, or dependent children without dependent children of their own, and who have not been convicted of any crime and must convince of their intention to reside in Canada once their application is approved. However, Canadian permanent residents who are living outside Canada may not be able to sponsor their family members from outside Canada.

Who can be sponsored?

  • Your spouse, or common-law partner
  • Your dependent children
  • Your Father, Mother, Grandmother and Grandfather
  • Your orphaned sister, brother, nephew, niece, grandson, granddaughter, who are under the age of 18 and are not married or in common-law partnership
  • A child you plan to adopt (international adoption)

Don’t miss your Opportunity in Canada. Apply for your Canadian Visa Today.|701 West Georgia Street Suite 1500|Vancouver B.C., Canada|V7Y 1C6 © Copyright 2018 All Rights Reserved