Beware of scammers pretending to be us. Learn More

Certified Immigration Consultants

10 Years of Experience

1000s Successful Applications

24/7 Support and Guidance

Improve your resume with valuable Canadian work experience. Work for a specific employer in Canada with an employer-specific work permit or earn money while traveling in Canada with an open work permit.

What is a Canadian Work Permit?


If you’re 18 years or older, you can work in Canada for up to 4 years with a Canadian work permit or alternatively referred to as a Canadian work visa. There are two types of Canadian work permits that you can apply for, namely a Employer-Specific Work Permit and a Open Work Permit. Your current situation will determine which work permit you qualify for.  

For instance, if you’re an international student who graduated from a Canadian institution, you may be eligible for an Open Work Permit which allows you to freely work for any employer in Canada. Or, if you applied to work for a Canadian company and received a valid job offer, you can work in Canada with a Employer-Specific Work Permit.   

How the Process Works

Step 1
We check for which Canadian immigration program or visa you qualify to live, work, study in/or visit Canada.

Step 2
We verify your documents and ensure it meets Canadian visa application standards, and that you follow the Canadian visa requirements precisely. 

Step 3
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) handles your Canadian Visa Application and applies on your behalf.

Step 4
Your Permanent Resident Application to Canada is approved! You’re on your way to living your Canadian dream.

Why Use MDC?

Meet Our Team

Migrating to Canada can be both complex and confusing. By using our accredited Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) you will not only optimize your chances of success in the visa application process, but you will receive expert advice on which program is best for your personal needs. Our RCICs are registered with the CIC and are legally permitted to assist you by evaluating your eligibility, reviewing all documentation and submitting it to the Canadian government on your behalf.

Ying Liu

RCIC #R521924

Jimmy Park

RCIC #R510391


It depends on the job you want to do, the program you want to apply for and whether or not your job requires a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). In most cases, you will need to apply for a work permit with the following documents: a LMIA number, proof of a valid job offer, and proof that you are qualified or certified to work in the job. 

You first need to determine which work permit you qualify for: an open or employer-specific work permit. Then, you must apply for a work permit from the Canadian Government. Applications that are incomplete or a lack of supporting documents means that your application may be delayed or rejected. 

Processing times for work permits vary depending on where you are applying from and whether or not you’ve submitted a complete application.

An open work permit is not job-specific. This means that you do not need supporting documents like a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) when applying for your work permit. 

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. A LMIA shows that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do the job.   


A Working Holiday Visa is an open work permit that allows young individuals from qualifying countries to visit Canada and work for any employer to essentially fund their trip. The Working Holiday is part of the International Experience Canada (IEC) program.