The most romantic thing to do with your partner is travel. Discovering new places, foods and interests together make a relationship stronger. Canada is no stranger to all the things that make something romantic; picturesque landscapes, incredible sunsets, intoxicating cities and adventurous activities. Valentine’s day is upon us, and if you and your partner are considering a permanent move to Canada, it’s never too early to start thinking about. So without further ado, let’s have a look at five of the countless spectacular things you and that special someone could be experiencing on Valentines day 2021.
If you can already see yourself celebrating Valentine’s day in Canada next year, follow the link below to start the process. If you would like to learn more about all the wonderful things Canada has to offer, read on.
5 Romantic Canadian Experiences
1. The Northern Lights
During November, December, January and most importantly February, the days are very short and the nights are very dark. This means if you have clear skies and are far enough north, you have a very good chance of seeing this beautiful natural phenomenon take place. By far north we do mean the very top provinces such as:
- Yukon – try the gorgeous riverside capital of Whitehorse;
- the NorthWest Territories – Yellowknife would be your best bet, you can rent an actual igloo to spend the night under the stars at the Blachford Lake Lodge;
- Nunavut – for the real adventurous couples, the capital town of Iqaluit on Baffin Island is one of the coldest and most remote places to experience the beauty of the Northern Lights; and
- Manitoba – Churchill is a beautiful city with an added bonus. You can watch the Northern Lights and night, and the polar bears during the daytime!
If you don’t see yourself making it into the chilly north, it is also possible to see the Lights in the Canadian Rockies, Banff and Jasper National Parks.
Ice skating in Canada is a national pastime and just about every city and town has a rink or two. You and your loved one can spend the evening gliding gracefully on the ice, just like in the movies. But even if you do spend most of the evening clutching at their arm while your legs fly out in all directions, it will still be a fun and memorable experience. And hey, you can always laugh about it together over a warm bowl of poutine afterwards.
3. Go to the Drive-In
Nothing says North American lovers like an old fashioned date at a drive in movie theatre. Sitting side by side under a cosy blanket in your car, sharing a box of popcorn and a bottle of soda, the movie is really just an added bonus. Here are some drive-ins still operating around Canada:
- The Docks Drive-In – Toronto,ON. Ontario has a further 18 drive-ins across the province
- Starlight Drive-In – Enderby, BC. This is the largest screen in North America!
- Big Island Drive-In – Flin Flon, MN
- The Prairie Dog Drive-In – Carlyle, SK
- Neptune Drive-In – Shediac, NB
- Cape-Breton Drive-In – Sydney, NS
- Brackley Drive-In – Brackley Beach, PEI
The average ticket price for a drive-in theatre is $10 per person. While there are many drive-in theatres still operating, most of them only do so in the summer months so be sure to check the schedules before hand.
4. Head up to Whistler,BC
Spend afternoons swooping down the pristine snow covered slopes and the evenings curled up together beside a crackling fire. The beauty and exhilaration of the cold outdoor activities combined with the coziness of warm and comfortable indoor relaxation will be the perfect mix for an unbeatable romantic getaway. Book well in advance and you can stay in luxury boutique hotels from $100 per night.
5. Dine on Oysters in Nova Scotia
Renowned world-wide for their aphrodisiac qualities, oysters are harvested from the freezing waters of the lakes at the southern end of the province. The Old Fish Factory Restaurant is very well rated and has an average meal price of around $30. If you are looking for the ideal getaway in Canada, look no further than the unbeatable Nova Scotia. The entire province is a beautiful landscape dotted with quaint seaside towns.
Even a fool in love would see that Canada has more to offer than almost anywhere else on earth. The high quality of life means being able to take vacations and make special memories with our loved ones. This is why more and more people are making the move to Canada every year. Taking your spouse or partner with is far easier than you might think. There are two ways for your spouse or partner to join you in Canada:
- The Spousal Sponsorship program – If you are applying for permanent residency, you must complete an application at the same time to be a sponsor. They must complete and submit a permanent residence application at the same time as you submit yours, naming you as their sponsor.
- Express Entry program – If they are listed to accompany you on your Express Entry application, they will be granted permanent residency status at the same time as you. Most applicants will also need to show they have enough funds to support themselves and their spouse or partner when they move to Canada.
How We Make Immigration Simple
The immigration process can be daunting and the idea of working through all the requirements to determine which of over 72 streams and programs you may be eligible for could give anyone a headache. Choosing to use one of our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) removes all the stress out of the immigration process and allows you to focus on planning your new life in the Great White North. Our RCIC’s are licenses and in good standing ICCRC and will guide you step by step through the entire process to make the transition as smooth and effortless as possible. If you are ready to create a better future for yourself in a beautiful country with an endless amount of opportunities, follow the link below.