MANITOBA

Manitoba is a Canadian Prairie province in the south-central part of the country with its capital city of Winnipeg. It has an area of 649,950 square kilometers and a population of over 1. 2 million. It is bordered by Ontario to the east, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories to the north, Hudson Bay in the northeast, Saskatchewan to the west, and the U.S. states of North Dakota and Minnesota to the south. The climate is Continental, meaning cold winters and warm summers. The name is derived from the Cree word, “manitou”, meaning, “spirit”.

Demographics

Over 60% of the population of the entire province lives in the capital city of Winnipeg. The remaining 40% are sparsely distributed throughout the province. The population is made up of English (22%), German (19%), Scottish (18%), Ukrainian (14%), Irish (13%), Aboriginal (10%), Polish (7%), French (5%), Dutch (4%), Russian (4%), and Other (6%). The official language is English, although most services are offered in both French and English. Manitoba is a wonderful place, with great variety when it comes to its population, and it is considered as one of the more culturally diverse provinces in Canada.

Economy

Agriculture is still the major economy for Manitoba. There is also mining, some manufacturing, forestry, and tourism. Manitoba is a leading producer of sunflower seeds, beans, and potatoes, and is home to McCain Foods, the supplier of French Fries to McDonalds, Wendy’s and many other commercial chains. Manitoba is considered as a flourishing province, also well known for its music scene. There are many job opportunities available for immigrants, especially in agriculture, but not limited to.

Education

Manitoba has a great educational system, placing great emphasis on its higher education. There are 5 universities in Manitoba, with 4 of them located in Winnipeg. There is only one French-speaking university, the Universitè de Saint-Boniface which is the oldest university in western Canada. The only university not located in Winnipeg is Brandon University, in Brandon, Manitoba. These universities offer their students a wide selection of degrees, and it is well recommended to check their programs.

Attractions

Manitoba has many music halls, concert halls, theaters, museums, and exhibits, predictably, mostly in Winnipeg. With numerous lakes, rivers, and open territories, the opportunities for hiking, hunting and fishing are limitless.

Manitoba is known to be a tourist heaven and for good reason, with its four distinct seasons, nature that is untouched by the modern way of life, and the endless celebration of life and culture by a people who are welcoming and open their hearts to new friends and visitors alike.

The Manitoba Museum grants visitors the opportunity to explore the history and environment of the area from the northern Arctic coastlines to the southern prairie grasslands. The typical exhibits showcased at the museum include the Orientation Gallery that depicts a hunter stalking a herd of bison. The Arctic gallery that is lit with fascinating aurora, and the Earth History Gallery that explains the geological history of the Manitoba region.

Churchill, in Manitoba, is known around the world as the ‘Polar Bear Capital of the World’, it is responsible for attracting up to 12,000 visitors a year including scientists during the Polar Bear season.

Don’t miss your Opportunity in Canada. Apply for your Canadian Visa Today.

www.mdccanada.ca ™ is a private Canadian Immigration firm located in Vancouver, Canada. A recognized agent of MDC is A.C.G Group Ltd, providing the following services: Online marketing, telemarketing, customer service.